Monday, September 6, 2010

Safe & Hungry in Santiago de Compostela

Arrived safely after predictably horrid American Airline flight without even a moment of sleep. But arrived to what should be phenomenal walking weather: cool, overcast with slight intermittent drizzle. I spent the late afternoon wandering in the warren of narrow streets in el centro around Plaza Obradoira by the Catedral. I found myself taking photos of food as I searched for something I would eat. It does not look good. Everything looks to have either eggs (the Spanish tortilla) or jamon (pig) and the most famous seafood dish is the Galician pulpa (octopus). That won't be happening. In addition, all the restaurants (as opposed to the cafe bars) don't open until 8:30 pm--which was great in Barcelona, but not so good when you need to get up early to walk or (tomorrow) catch an early train. So I am debating going out for my standby favorite around the world-- the ubiquitous cheese pizza or settle for a delicious Kind Bar & an early bedtime. All depends on whether I can get my technology to work as planned. I hope to have a chance to post a short history of the Camino while traveling FIRST CLASS tomorrow to Astorga. So I will try to post this with a couple of today's food pics.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Rúa da Fonte de San Antonio,Santiago de Compostela,Spain

5 comments:

  1. Yummy, that Spanish jamon and tortillas! I was so sick of it when we were there and now long for some. Your picture looks like a painting. How exciting, can't wait for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo! Enjoy the train ride tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible photo - can't wait to follow your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stick with the desserts! they look delicious!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eat something for me. It all sounds good!

    ReplyDelete