Monday, September 20, 2010

Day #12 - Palas de Rei to Arzua (28.4 kms/ >17 miles)

I decided to bite the bullet & put in an extra long day in hopes of getting to Santiago by September 21st so that I have time to go to Finisterre. The walk today was long, with the last 5kms pretty much constantly uphill. The upside was that I was up early to see the early morning light:


and still walking as the day slowed down in early evening:


The walk was mainly through farms and woodlands


but there is less time walking in solitude since reaching Sarria marks the 100 kms required walking to earn the Compostela. I am very glad that I chose to begin earlier on the walk as I have particularly treasured those hours of quiet contemplation.


Only two more days until I reach the end & can give my hard-worked feet the rest they deserve.

Location:Carretera Santiago-Guntín,O Pino,Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment