Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day #11 - Gonzar to Palas de Rei (17.9 kms - 5 hrs)

Today seemed extraordinarily short & easy: blisters improving with new shoes, more level trail, and a chance to walk for a while with two other English-speaking peregrinas, one from Evanston (!) and the other from Toronto. They had done the whole Camino from St. Jean Pied de Port in France & their description of a 30+ kms over the Pyranees in the rain as their first day walk (I have spoken with others who quit after this first stage) made me feel like my struggles have been nothing. Anyhow, now I am struggling with whether to push myself to finish in three days (which would allow me two days in Finisterre at the ocean) or stick with my "no more than 20 kms/ day" rule. I can decide tomorrow.

For now some photos from today's walk.



Morning leaving Morgade.



Colorful fields of heather.


Love on the camino.


Reminding us of where we are headed.


And, of course, more kitties.
Off to search for pizza.
Posted using BlogPress from Dusty's iPad.

Location:Calle de Huertas,Palas de Rei,Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment