Monday, September 2, 2013

On the road again....

Long time, no traveling. 2011 was the year I decided that I needed to get a divorce from Texas .... a difficult decision, but a long time coming. As I said in an earlier post, my experience on the Camino convinced me of the obvious truth that I only have one life, so I better make it the one that is right for me. So all of 2012 was spent planning & executing a move to Albuquerque & there was no time or interest in traveling. My trip for the year was the 14 hour drive from hell with two very unhappy cats, but we arrived safely in ABQ and 18 months later, I am "on the road again." I had planned originally to hike the Dingle Peninsula on the west coast of Ireland (which I still want to do), but the move to NM made a trip within the US much more viable and attractive. So this is my first American Car Trip, and I am exploring the National Parks of the west and southwest. Day 1: August 27, 2013 - Drive from ABQ to Moab, UT Not much to say about this day except it was longer than expected due to frequent Riad work requiring stops of 15 minutes or more. But I am on holiday, so what's the rush?

No comments:

Post a Comment